Thursday 28 April 2011

Magic Realism!



I remember my first encounters with this genre, back in 1994 with "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Márquez and "Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka – I could say that those two stories were big influencers in the way I lived my life afterwards.

Magic realism stories are wonderful; what I most like about them is the world of possibilities that they present. Magic realism tell us that there are other realities that we don't see, places with a different kind of potential - and everything is within the realm of the possible. 

Films like "The Lovers of The Artic Circle" by Julio Medem or the short story "The Third bank of the River" by João Guimarães Rosa are also great example of this genre. If you haven’t watched the film or read the short story yet, I recommend you do!

The short film "Anna" is very special and personal to me. It is been a sweet pleasure to work on this project. Magic realism inspires me greatly, and I hope this little film will be of inspiration to you too!

Ana Corrie

Films & Music LLP

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DONATE TO HELP US COMPLETE THE FILM!

Henry

Henry
Films & Music LLP © 2011